Monday, October 5, 2009

DeKalb Cyclocross

The cyclocross race in DeKalb yesterday was, as usual, a fun one. A tough course with off camber steep turns made even more challenging by the previous days rain. I raced Masters 40+ and am certain that I came in ahead of at least one other racer. I started with about 50 others, so it was a very big field. Here's a shot of me climbing a short steep stretch:

Dekalb CX masters

I stayed for the next two races and grabbed a few photos. Here's one of Bill in his first cyclocross race, looking fast:

2009 Chicago Cyclocross Cup Race #2

And one showing his barrier crossing technique:

Bill Over the Barriers

There were other creative ways to get over the barriers:

2009 Chicago Cyclocross Cup Race #2

And here's my favorite team kit from the race:

2009 Chicago Cyclocross Cup Race #2

More pictures of the race where these came from.

2 comments:

Dataminer said...

Note to self, keep mouth closed.

Pablo said...

BT - can we switch the uniform order to the Guinness Kit? We could do the Irish Flag too!