Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Another Fast Tuesday

Yesterday was another fast Tuesday ride. In fact, by the time we hit the Fort, my cyclometer showed the fastest average speed I have ever recorded for a weekday ride, 22 MPH. At the roundabout, there was some confusion and we reduced speed to regroup on the way to coffee. Even with this, I still showed an average of nearly 21.5 MPH at coffee.

It was great to have such a large group out and all in our "team" kits. I would have taken a picture or two, but I was drafting for dear life and fumbling with a camera didn't seem like a good idea. BT wants me to get a helmet cam, but I just know that without being able to see the display, I would wind up with plenty of pictures of the road and the sky. I have been thinking of rigging a mount for the camera on the handlebars, but the lovely rutted roads we ride on would probably destroy that too. For now, it seems like I'm gonna have to stick with hand held shots like this one from last Friday.

Morning Ride

No comments: